Combustible Dust Cleaning
What: Combustible dust cleaning helps remove explosive airborne and surface dust particles from your facility to help reduce the potential for a related explosion, to prevent injury, and to avoid OSHA violations.
We use Certified Explosion Proof Vacuums Meeting NFPA 652 Requirements
Certified for OSHA Class I, II, III, Division I and II, Groups A, B, C, D, Zone 1 and 21 E, F, G
Combustible dust can fuel explosions that can be avoided. Dust and debris
Where does combustible dust originate?
• Coal and other Fossil Fuels
• Plastics and Rubbers
• Sugars, Grains and Food
• Wood and Sawdust
Metals such as:
Food ingredients such as:
Other products used in manufacturing, such as:
Safety Equipment and Training:
Why do we clean?
- Cleaning removes dust, dirt, grease, and other materials commonly found on the high surfaces of manufacturing and production facilities.
- Normal work related vibrations in the facility can shake dust and debris loose, on to
the the productionequipment and products beneath it.
- Dirt and debris can become breeding grounds for mites, mold, bacteria, viruses, and other environmentally unfriendly employee conditions, creating poor indoor air quality. This, according to the EPA, is a leading environmental threat and cause of airborne sickness.
- Some combustible
dustscan become a fire hazard and are frequently identified during insurance, OSHA, and NFPA inspections, and can result in fineableviolation.
- Customer site tours Aesthetic reasons, visible dirt collected on surfaces can make a workplace unattractive.
- Cleaning is required to prepare surfaces for painting or other maintenance work.
What we clean:
Commercial and industrial facilities are our focus for Combustible Dust Cleaning, including but not limited to items such as:
• Beams, Purlins, Rafters, and other support members
• Ceiling Trusses
• Ductwork – exteriors and interiors
• Motor housings
• Exhaust hoods and associated ductwork
• Fire suppression systems
• Production Equipment
• Storage racks
• Exposed Plumbing